1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher x blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jojosaw, Feb 13, 2006.

1. jojosaw

jojosaw Junior Member
    from Mass

I have an 8' fisher mm2 I am thinking i should have went with a 9' xblade. Is it poss. to replace everything in front of the main pin with the x blade parts. I have looked at the x blades and everything except the blade setup appears the same?
  2. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Prolly be cheaper to sell yours and buy the 9 footer. Obviously keep the wiring and hook ups. Have you priced out buying just the blade??
  3. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

Yes, everything from the center pin back is exactly the same. Just pull the the center pin and two angle cylinder pins, and the XBLADE will drop in place of the 8' HD blade. You may need to adjust your lift chain afterwards due to the height variation in the two blades.
  4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Exactly..the chain has to adjusted..
    I did mine just that way.. you have to change the lift ram thingy if you want it silver!
  5. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

As others said, you can change up the moldboard (i.e. "the blade") no problem. If I were you, I won't sell it and buy a new one though. A new one will cost you over $4,000 I'm sure, whereas a 9' moldboard will probably cost somewhere around $2,000. Then you could sell your 8' blade to someone who is looking to upgrade their 7.5' blade and recover some of the cost of the 9' blade. Just my 2 cents.
  6. Dupesy

Dupesy Member

Are you guys sure? I was under the impression that the A frame for the XBlade was longer (blade further from the truck) that on the HD's. Although I suppose this wouldn't matter too much.
  7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I had a 8' HD and swapped it at the Fisher dealer for the 8' X-Blade. I watched them do it!
  8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I've got an 8ft X (Moldboard only)that I would be willing to consider selling if your interested PM me.
  9. iowaegian

iowaegian Junior Member
    from 1

I've watched them put headgear for both the hd and x in a box on the line for Fisher. The only difference is the color of the lift arm. You should have ZERO problems making the swap.
  10. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

NEGATIVE. The headgear for the X blades is taller becuase the blade is taller. If you mounted an X on a standard headgear, you would be blocking your lights.
  11. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

If you put it up all the way you will block some but not all. I was told that was just a fact with such a tall blade. Why would ever drive with it all the way up?
  12. iowaegian

iowaegian Junior Member
    from 1

Gicon, the hd (FE pn 27777) and x (FE pn 28900) are the same headgear kit except for the color of the liftarm. You may have been comparing it to the ld headgear which is shorter than the hd/x headgear. You are also correct that you must watch the lift height with an X-blade to ensure you do not block your lights. This is aggravated when mounting to a low ground clearance truck because of the way you need to level the a frame using the one of the 3 pivot holes (usually the bottom one).
  13. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Yeah what he said! xysport