1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher X-Blade Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by DodgeGuy18, Dec 13, 2011.

1. DodgeGuy18

DodgeGuy18 Junior Member

I recently had an 8' Fisher X-Blade installed on my truck. After getting the truck and plow back, I noticed that the dealer had installed a cutting edge on the plow. I was a bit surprised, as the Fisher literature had shown that the cutting edge is optional, and I had not ordered a cutting edge (nor was it reflected on the invoice). In the past, I have always worn down the base angle on my plows before installing a cutting edge. Should I take off the cutting edge now, and install it once the base angle has been worn? Or should I just leave the cutting edge on and go with it? Thanks.

2. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Personally I cant stand NOT having a cuttign edge. I'd leave it, it keeps the base angle nicer also. It scrapes cleaner ect. I wont run a plow without one. X blades are my favorite straight blades. hope it treats you well either way. Stainless??? :)

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You want to remove the wear strip until the base angle wears a little. You have twice as much area on the ground. Remove the wear edge and you will double your psi loading on the wear edge and it will scrape better. Once it wears an inch or so off the base angle replace the wear edge.

4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I would leave the cutting edge on. I like the X blade a lot.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The Xblade doesn't have the same wear edge/trip edge as the HD plows, there is no wearing necessary just like the Extreme V plows. On the Xblade, you have a center punch cutting edge as well (HD is a top punch), once it wears, just unbolt it, flip it, and you have a "new" cutting edge. Do not plow without the cutting edge on an Xblade

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:eek:My Bad. Don't see many Xblades in this area. I made a stupid assumcion:eek: Wonder why Fisher lists them as optional??:confused:

7. DodgeGuy18

DodgeGuy18 Junior Member

Of course! Thumbs Up