1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher x-blade plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by VBigFord20, Aug 23, 2004.

1. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Anyone have experence with one? I saw one on a demo truck today and a local truck store and I liked that it was stainless. Definatly has the looks factor, and being stainless should last, but overall has anyone used one or any fisher and have good/bad to say on them?

2. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

they come regular fisher color or stainless.

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice plows, i used my uncles once, scrapes excellent. He says nothing but good things about it, seems to be designed very well.

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

only the face/moldboard is stainless, the frame is still 1022 mild steel :-(

5. snoking

snoking Senior Member

slowest hydros ive used in my life...

checked my buddies new one out last fall...felt like you had to hit the up switch 6-7 feet before you needed to for to be coming up when you need it to, like when you get to the yard....

unless you donate to the sod relocation program....

6. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

snoking..... that plow isn't set up right or it's broke. The new fishers have that return spring on the ram so if you leave a lot of slack in the chain you have to pick it all back up before the blade starts to raise because the ram goes completly down when you go into float. It'll rust and fall off after a while and it'll work like the old ones did.

I have two and a sub who works for me has one....they're good plows and do scrape a little better then the other fishers because of the angle of attack. The new ones are better then when they first came out, I bought mine two winters ago I think, it was the first year .... I had a couple welds brake on the edges of the X bracing but the dealer fixed it. A sub who works for me bought one last season and his was re-inforced every spot where I had a problem. His plow seemed like all the fuinny littlt quirks mine had were worked out, he had lock washers I believe on the bolts that hold the face on..mine all fell out the first season, his didn't. All in all it's a tough plow and it looks nice too. They're not much more then the regular fishers are.
    Casey

7. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

I ran a new x-blade last year. It had the improvements and although we didn't have a lot of snow, I was happy with the performance.

I have one comm. lot that is partial gravel and I just bid on another one today. The problem is that the x-blade's excellent scraping ability is a liability on gravel. It doesn't come with traditional shoe capability(although I've heard tell of an add-on kit coming soon). The curb shoes that are available are not designed to float the blade. Come to think of it, trad round shoes don't work that well on unfrozen gravel either. Sorry to get off topic. I'll query you guys on another post

8. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

a polyurethane edge will help tremendously with a steep attack angle and gravel, just something to consider