1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher X-Blade on 2003 and up 2500 Diesel?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by aperfcrcle, Feb 27, 2010.

1. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

hey guys.. I am looking to purchase a 2006 or 2007 Ram 2500 with the diesel engine. I'm looking at the 8' fisher x-blade but every time i do the "eMatch" on the site, it keeps telling me the only thing it can handle is the 7'6" SD series. I saw some previous posts about the same thing, but they were all for regular fishers, not the x-blade.. i know the x-blade is a bit heavier then the other fishers so my question is will the truck handle the plow? and is anyone here running the set up I'm looking at? I'm mostly going to be doing some commercial lots and a few drives FYI.. thanks for your time and I apologize in advance if this has already been posted and I haven't seen it :cool:
  2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Yes you can put the put the plow on that truck. Everyone else does. Fisher doesn't allow it on their website because your front axle will be overweight. Use plenty of ballast......... and Timbrens are a nice add-on. Mt 03 2500 Hemi handles my 9.5 XV fine. I will probably add Timbrens next summer to help the sag.......about 1.5-2" on my truck.
  3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

when i was looking at fishers e-matched showed the poly x blade as an option. the i ended up putting a western pro plus which is heavier than the x blade and my truck holds it like a champ. i put about 900 lbs against the tailgate to level it out nice. go for what you want the truck willl take it. wesport
  4. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

thats what i figured.. thanks for the input guys! Im going to the dealership to check one out today and see if I like it... which im sure i will haha
  5. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

Im running an 2005 diesel with an 8' x blade on it .It handles it fine sags about 1 1/2 inches

6. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

no weight in the back?
  7. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

nope just a snowblower and chains
  8. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

X2, 8.5 Extreme V doesn't show either.

9. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

haha sweet.. thanks for the help and pics, trucks look awesome... I really like your truck stcroixjoe, thats the short bed right? I test drove one last night, needless to say I fell in love with it.. I feel as though the dealer was lying to me though because I said i would rather the short bed then the 8 footer (the one i test drove was a 8 foot bed)... he said the 2500's are extremely hard / almost impossible to find without the 8 foot bed, as did the sales manager.. I find this hard to believe. :cool:
  10. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

ditto; you can put this plow on a dodge 2500, if it is regular cab that will be a better balance of weight. Dodge went from Dana to American axle in the 03 model year and even though the front axle rating is the same (5200#) it was not recommended to put anything but a lightweigh plow on the Cummins engine. Engine weighs 1190#, this is from 250 to 325# more than the power stroke or the Duramax. Dodge has always been more conservative with their weight ratings than Ford. FYI; in the 2000 & 2001 2500/3500 dodge would allow most any plow application on the diesel engine.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  11. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

One more item; I have an 8ft 6in Diamond on the front of an 01 2500 cummins, have been running this since 01, replaced trac bar once and front ball joints once 148,00k on odd. This plow wieghs 1005# with cutting edge and deflector.
  12. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

Yeah its a short bed,