1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher X-blade experience

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rob1325, Dec 8, 2003.

1. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

One word AWESOME! The blade worked great for me as Fisher claims. It back drags awesome, snow doesn't stick to stainless steal, scraps awesome, and throws snow great. Also, looks great on my trucks. How did everyone else who has a X-blade like theres?

Here is a pic of my X-Blade before the storm:

dsc00176b.jpg

2. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Rob, what size is it, and how much? Looks good.

3. hoagie

hoagie Member

I picked up 2 x's just in time for our storm up here in NE and I totally agree...

Everything Rob said... and much improvement over the old fisher blades.

Now if I could just get these wings on!!

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

their is nothing like a fisher X-blade. just a great plow:)

5. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Its a 9' on photo and I also have a 8'. The angle is awesome on it compare to regular blade.

Here is a pic for comparison to older style (not the best pic):

dsc00183a.jpg

6. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Can't help it one more of the back side:

dsc00181a.jpg

7. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Hey hoagie when are you going to share a pic?
    I will be picking up my new 2004 f350 crew cab xlt psd 6.0l with 8ft X blade in a few days will post pics when delivered. I cant wait.

8. hoagie

hoagie Member

Pat, how'd ya do up there brotha! We got up to 20" in some areas down here!!

Here's a quick pic, plows not on, but I'll get some more when its light out. Just grabbed it in time for the storm... 04' 250 xlt 5.4.

truck 004.jpg

9. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Very nice truck!

10. NYRookie

NYRookie Member

Got my X last year after seeing them at the Loudon race. When I went to pick it up, there were guys that wanted to buy it from me at the dealer because it was the last one for the season. Thank god for a deposit in July. I pushed alot of snow with it last year and I was totally impressed. No sticking, better angle and it won't rust, at least not the skin. It also looks awesome. I love it when I go by someone with a beater and they stare at her.:D

11. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Hoagie we got about 15" when all said and done. The storm was reallll drawn out. Friday night until Saturday we had the same amount of snow. It picked up midafternoon Saturday and stopped around noon Sunday. I had no plow and am recovering from mono and strepth throat so i had 5 helpers. We doubled our customer base just this past two days and have already turned down work. I cant wait for the plow.

12. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

Plows look great guys On another note rob what sizeand brand tires do you have on your dump?
    Thanks Nick

13. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

19.5 GoodYear Traction tires. They work mint in the snow. I have the stock tires (Generals) that I put on for summer. I tried the Generals for one winter and they were lousy.

Hope this helps
    Rob

14. hoagie

hoagie Member

Snapped a couple more today... nuthin to do.

truck 008.jpg

15. hoagie

hoagie Member

Rob, is that a 450 or 550? Sweet setup w/ the stainless sander too.

Here's my other truck, w/ the new blade...

truck 006.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2003
  16. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

F 550 - Heres one more, almost like yours (color anyways lol)!

dsc00175a.jpg

17. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

how much more is the X blade over a Reguler blade

18. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Last year I paid around $3,600 installed for a 8' MM2 HD set-up. My buddy just bought a 9' MM2 X-Blade for $3,800 (cash and carry). The X-Blade is definitely a nice blade. I was thinking that I may upgrade next year to it. According to my Fisher dealer (and I compared my HD to my buddy's X the other day to confirm the dealers info), the 8' & 9' HD and 8' & 9' X-Blades share the same headgear and A-frame, so you can do a blade swap w/o a problem. If I can strike a good deal with the dealer for just the X-blade itself, I may do the swap.