1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher won't move left or right

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jipssy, Dec 5, 2009.

1. jipssy

jipssy Junior Member

Parked the plow for the summer. Put it on today and it moves up and down but won't move left or right. Put new hoses on it last year and it worked fine. No leaks anywhere, but seems to not be getting any fluid now. What could have changed and is there something I can do to fix it? Help, snow is falling...
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

First thing, check your plug at the grill, make sure its clean and tight. If you know someone with a western or fisher plow, try using their controller once to eliminate that (joystick and handhelds are interchangeable).
  3. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

i had similar problem and it was a bad fish stic. The motor and solanoid would go on but i had no movement......
  4. jipssy

jipssy Junior Member

Thanks, it turned out to be an airlock in one of the hoses. Bled it out, refilled it, all is well.