1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher with a Powerstroke

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Nov 27, 2001.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys, sorry to bother you with a not so educated question, but researching it did not bring anything up. Anyway, I've heard that it is not possible to use a older version belt driven hydraulic pump with the powerstrokes. (Mine is a '96 F250). All that is usable is the newer elec. hydraulic pump. Don't know if this is true or not. Seems like it would make sense. I am still looking for a used cheap plow, but the newer elec hydraulic ones are more money than I am willing to spend at the moment. Anyway, thanks for any replies, Nick.

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

Sorry I dont have any info on you question but if you own a business you can do a A.G. lease on a new plow for as little as like $60month and its a 100% 100% 100% TAX deductable. If you want more info on this lease company email me.

3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know a whole lot about Fords, but I believe the issue with belt-driven pumps is lack of space under the hood. So 'lectric might have to be the way to go!

4. oldmankent

75, right. That is my inquiry. It seems logical that there is not enough space, but I want to know if that is really true.

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I know they had them for the older diesels. It also depends on what options the truck has. Often the location was the same that the a/c unit went in. You may want to go onto Fishers site and look in the online guides. Also if you can weld you may be able to make up brackets or adopt factory brackets to hold a pump. I did this on a Nissan once using the factory a/c bracket.

6. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

You can put a fan-belt hydraulic pump on a 7.3PSD.

It's NOT going to be cheaper than electric, though.

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Actually you can find belt drive systems here for very cheap. Essentially just the pump and maifold is what you need. Hoses can be found easy enough. Might be worth it.

8. oldmankent

Well, I have ac, so I'd think it would be tough to fit a pump. Maybe if I could find an PSD is a yard that had the rare dual alternator. then I could use the brackets? who knows. anyway, thanks for the feed back.

9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Find a pump and then look at the engine and see if you could fit it in somewhere. You could always order or make brackets. All you need is room and to be parrallel to the crank pulley.

10. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

My friends 95 F350 PSD has a belt driven hyd. pump from fisher. It is mounted where the a/c pump would go. it was installedby brake and clutch body company out of Mass.