1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher wiring ??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by EdChevyLMM, Jan 29, 2009.

1. EdChevyLMM

EdChevyLMM Junior Member

I have a 1999 suburban with a MM2 and a 2-wire wiring system, but while plowing the storm last night, the 4WD took a dump on me. I also have a 2007.5 chevy silverado 2500HD Duramax diesel, but when i called the local Fisher dealer for the push plates, they told me that even if i splice the wires into my stock wiring harness in my truck that I would find big problems with the lighting system. Is this true, and Why can't I just splice the plow harness into my factory harness and call it a day??

2. EdChevyLMM

EdChevyLMM Junior Member

someone please help

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Dont do it!!!! Its not that easy any more with these new trucks and it would take all night to try and explain it but the dealer was right. Start messing with the wiring on the new truck and you will have big problems without knowing how the new lighting systems are working.

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Crashed is right So is dealer Dont do it. It all has to do with the new trucks have lamp out sensors. So with the new MA inspection laws you wont be able to get a sticker if you have a lamp out code even if they work fine. They hook up to the ODB port now. Any code now can fail you. But you will have tons of issues if you try it. Buy whatever the Fisher dealer tells you to hook up plow correctly

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

seems like it would be a lot simpler to figure out the 4*4 issue than to try and make this work...do you know what's wrong with the four wheel drive yet?