1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Wiring SEHP & GMC

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RepoMan207, Sep 20, 2009.

1. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Well, the time has come to re wire my truck and plow. I have a hard wire setup right now and need to be able to swap to newer plows.

Plow: 1996 MM1 8 HD...Currently 9pin / 2pin

Truck: 2002 GMC 2500 HD Sierra 6.0 8' Ext. Cab.

I have done my research.....so I think. I just need a wiser person to correct me if I am wrong. I did the same thing last year and came up with a whole bunch of different part numbers....hence why I have been putting this off. Anyways, here is my results:

Service Parts - Electrical Components (4-Port) - Minute Mount / Minute Mount 2

27781 ISOLATION MODULE (LIGHT GREEN

26420 DUST COVER PLUG

SPSP SHORT PLUG-IN HARNESS (SEE FISHER® KIT SELECTION GUIDE) *29047

SPLP LONG PLUG-IN HARNESS (SEE FISHER® KIT SELECTION GUIDE)

26357 11-PIN VEHICLE LIGHTING HARNESS

26345 3-PIN VEHICLE CONTROL HARNESS

63411 VEHICLE BATTERY CABLE

22511 22" BATTERY CABLE

21294 PLOW BATTERY CABLE

26359 3-PIN PLOW CONTROL HARNESS

26347 11-Pin Plow Lighting Harness

Is there is anyone here with either install or previous experience that could verify or guide me, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Where are you at? On The Road in Warren is super knowledgable.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're going 4 port Iso you're better off to start with the 8437-1 kit as it's less expensive that way vs buying each and every truck side component separately. Still need the 3 and 11 pin for the plow side too of course.

But in reality if you're upgrading now you may as will go all the way to the current 3 port Iso. No point in updating to something that was already superseded a couple years ago. JMO.

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ahhh, see I thought the 4 port was newer. Thanks for that. Now can a 3 port run a V blade or XLS.....see my thought here is to eventually buy a XLS or a Extreme V, so understandably I would have to re wire a couple of the harnesses but If I can buy just one module rather then one now and then one later.....get what I am saying or am I out in left field again? :D

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The modules are not blade dependent...but the wiring is. :gunsfiring:

If you upgrade now for a non XV/XLS you'll have to change much of it again when you do. I'd simply leave it as is and then change it when you do finally go XV or XLS. Gets expensive otherwise.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

....Mike, I had the information at my fingertips the whole time...3Port 29071 will run both right....is it the same kit though?

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Must of been typing at the same time.

I can't, I bought two new blades this year and have to juggle them between subs for certain accounts.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then you just have to wire it for a regular blade and then upgrade later to the wiring for an XLS/XV. Nothing else you can do. I'd still run a 3 port regardless. And it will be one of the few things you won't need to change later anyway.

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thats what I expected. Thanks for all the clarification!

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Guys, I got thinnking again.....yeah I know, a dangerous thing. Could one use a 7 pin harness, but only plug a 3 pin into it from the plow.....and still have it work using the appropriate controller? Would it mess anything up?

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Why? A 7 pin harness still won't operate an XLS or XV.

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

there goes that idea then....

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry to have to buzzkill your idea Ryan.

If you want to run a DD plow you just have to fess up and pay the piper when it comes to wiring versatility. Because in DD's wiring there is no versatility. :D

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

......Do I dare ask :D What is a "DD" stand for?

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Also, On E match the Hydraulic Kit says N/A for the XV and XLS blade.......what would I use for a harness then?

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ah come on you're sharper than that. Douglas Dynamics the snowplow conglomerate.

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

hahahaha. Oh yeah. You think I would would remember that, I used to dispatch there LTL loads here in New England.

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're doing the E-match thing it's because you're using your actual truck for an application and yours isn't a recommended application for an XV or XLS due to weight constraints. Just use a GM app that they are recommended for. Such as a regular cab w/ 6.0 and 4800 FAWR.

19. RepoMan207

from Maine

I have a 6.0 4800 front end, granted it's the ext cab, w/ an 8' bed....but I checked following years on 3500 and 2500HD regular cabs, same thing no results.

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A 6.0 reg cab 3500 will, just tried it myself.