1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Wiring Question (truck runs, turn on lights it quits running)

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BJH Snow, Oct 20, 2010.

1. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Hello,

I have a 96 F250, 7.5ltr V8 truck and I just picked up a 05 Fisher ezv plow. I have gone through the work of rewiring my truck with a brand new harness, modual and etc. Yesterday everything seemed fine when I started my truck and tested to make sure my lights still work and etc. Today, I secured all of the wires and when I was done with that I fired up the truck, shut the hood, went and turned on the parking and headlights and the truck shut down. If I turn off my lights, I can fire the truck back up and again, turn on the lights it turns off. Any suggestions?

2. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I found the problem, the ground for the headlights was loose on the truck side wall. I tightened her down and it now seems to be working just fine.:redbounce