1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher wiring harness 2000 Dodge Ram vs 2001 Dodge Ram??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vffdoug, Oct 22, 2008.

1. vffdoug

vffdoug Junior Member

Is the truck part of plow wiring on a 2000 Dodge Ram the same as 2001 Dodge Ram? I have a 2000 Ram 2500 with Fisher 8 HD minute mount 2 and want to mount it on a 2001 Dodge Ram I am looking to buy.
    Just wanted to make sure all my fisher electronic components will go from one truck to the other truck with no added cost or parts?
    Thanks
    Doug

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as they have the same head light style (HB5 for example) between the trucks, yes.

If one is a Sport (HB1/HB5) then you'll need different light plug in harness's but the other components will still work.

3. Russ's Repair

Russ's Repair Junior Member
    from 02562

As long as they are both 2500's then yes no problem

4. vffdoug

vffdoug Junior Member

Dodge Ram Fisher Plowing wiring harness

The 2000 Ram 2500 is a plain ram and the 2001 Ram 2500 Laramie SLT. Hopefully that helps clear things up. The 2001 looked like it had the same headlights as my 2000 Ram 2500.:)

5. Russ's Repair

Russ's Repair Junior Member
    from 02562

yeah they're the same you're good