1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher wiring 08 sierra

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ned, Nov 26, 2012.

1. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

just bought a new fisher sd for my sierra, decided to install my self and save a few bucks (did the last one 20 yrs ago, my things have changed) What is the best way to gain access to the back of the headlights for the wiring plugs and make the splices?
    thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

2 ways. Take out all the headlights. Or find out where wiring runs and tap into it dwn stream of the heaadlights

3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

You mean to tell me that on GM vehicles now, you can't even access the back of the headlights? Most plow light kits should tap into the headlights using sockets only at the headlights themselves. If you are going to tap directly into the wiring, be absolutely sure that you do a THOROUGH job of connecting and sealing the wires. SOLDER your connections, and seal them with DUAL LAYER heat shrink tubing. That is the kind that has a layer of hot glue on the inside that melts and oozes through the connection to make an absolutely water proof seal.