1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher wings

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ssd79, Dec 16, 2006.

1. ssd79

ssd79 Junior Member
    from ct

Does anybody have pics of the new wings from fisher.

2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I'd like to see them too. I did a search everywhere & can't get an online pic. I might just have to go to the dealer on Monday.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

fisher makes and sells plow wings???

4. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

yup! They just don't have any pictures ANYWHERE!!!

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

is this the first year they have made them? if so, im wondering if they want to keep it somewhat low for now and let the first year of buyers be the "testers" before they go mass market them.

6. ssd79

ssd79 Junior Member
    from ct

The only pic i did see was the one in the Whats New on the Fisher page.They look alot like the western wings.It also says,for xtreme v only.

7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I found a picture of the wings

[​IMG]

8. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

I just looked at them on Fisher's site and although they're only for the Xtreme-V, I bet you could make them work on a regular X-blade. I wonder how much they cost.

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

If you think about it, they have been testing them-- on western all last year. Notice all the new stuff is on the extreme vee, the most expensive plow they have.... good marketing strategy. I'm sure next year or the year after that they will start putting the lights on the HD's.

Glad to see fisher pumping out some new stuff though. They have incredible support for those in need, and ask nicely:waving:

10. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Funny! Not quite what I was looking for.

11. Grn Mtn

Wow...

I didn't realize they also came out with a backdrag blade. Now they have put on all the things we have been complaining about:
    1. None rusting components
    2. Better headlights
    3. Wings
    4. Backdrag blade
    5. Faster Hydraulics

newfisherparts.JPG

12. BigDave12768

I think these would work better than Fishers Wings. These are more absorbant and leak protection!!! Jusdt think NO LAG!!!

13. BigDave12768

I think these would work better than Fishers Wings. These are more absorbent and leak protection!!! Just think a nice dry parking lot. You would'nt need to salt

14. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

is the wing solid with the plow or does it have play in it

15. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Looks solid, 3 points attach it, two side hole you put the rods attached the the wing in, then that main pin on the back

16. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I'd say solid. You wouldn't want it to give becaues then you would be dumping snow as it fills up.

17. Grn Mtn

without any real picts can't say for sure, but the specs make it look like it fits up tight.

18. FreshGrounder1

FreshGrounder1 Junior Member

Would they weld to an 05 7.5ft HD u think?

05 F250 powerstroke
    05 Fisher HD
    Fisher 1000
    TakeDown Light Bar
    tail/head strobes
    T190

19. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They did design them only for the XV plows . They could be adapted to others but there is quite a bit to it. If you want to know how far off they will be. just take a measurement from the outboard rib on your plow; back to the inside corner of your 1st spring tower [the one closest to the end of the plow] and it that measurement is 6 5/8" your in! ................ Otherwise you will need to CUT the brace arms off, and reweld them so that corner will contact into the spring tower tophat correctly; and of course you need to fab up a tab to stick out off your tower to accept that 5/8" pin to hold it on there! How do I know all this............................. I just did it on for my 7.5XV! As they ONLY FIT the 8.5/9.5 size they changed the postion of the spring tower on the 7.5 for some unknown reason; and they dont sell enough of them[7.5 plows] to warrant making wings for them!! [that sure made me feel good almost $6000 later] The wing is rock solid; and the cutting edge is some sorta "polyrubber composition" that gives ........ I too;am mystified that they really dont advertise them at all ?????? So cant comment on that . I am hoping it isnt because there has been problems with them?? They are about 11" wide but because of the 35 degree angle they mount at; they actually add 6" to the width of the plow wing, you have added them to[or a foot if you put them both on your plow]. They weigh 54lbs EACH, so there is alot of heavy metal in them and they cant be compared to ProWings they are a compleatly different animal and alot ruggeder in design . I our case we had a 45" overall width from the center pin to the end of the wing and it now measures 51 1/2" or basically exactly the same as an 8.5 wing would be without a wing! Hope this helps you guys out and clears the air on how they look and hook up to a plow???

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  20. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

They look well built. No advertising though? Anyone have more info on the backdrag edge?