1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Wings?????

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by chriso3wj, Oct 15, 2010.

1. chriso3wj

chriso3wj Member

I have a Fisher 9.5 SS V blade and was wondering if anyone has or has used these and if they are worth the $500. Don"t care that they are yellow, looking for function.

2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have never used those, but they are exactly the same as the western wings I believe. I have used pro wings on our plows and they work very good and those are the cheap ones(but built well IMO). But since they are exactly like western wings they brake easily. Have a couple of friends who have used them and said you need to reinforce them or they will break if you nip a curb. Do a search for western wings and a few threads will come up discussing them. And how do you like your fisher 9.5 SS V? I am switching over to fisher plows and ordering and XLS and also a SS V, but I dont know if I should go with the 9.5 or the 8.5 . It will be doing a lot of lots so the bigger one would be the #1 choice, but we do a couple of resis and the 9.5 would be way to big for them. Do you do any single lane drives with the 9.5? and do you ever have any problems? Thanks
  4. chriso3wj

chriso3wj Member

This will be my first time with a V of my own, I have always had or used a straight blade. My last was a 7.5 fisher with the pro wing, worked great, just had to use a heavier rubber. I put it on another truck for this year. The 9.5 is on a F350