1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher wings or XLS

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have been debating to get a set of Fisher wings for one of our ex v's. to try. I should have bought an XLS but lets not go there,lol. I was quoted 525.00 BUT would need to put on a new cutting edge in order for everything to work right so now we're talking almost 1k. I would like to hear from the guys who run them and see how much time they ACTUALLY save you, 5%, 10%, 20%. My plan is/was to sell the 06 ex. v, switch out the new one and put a XLS on the 05 F350 but if the wings will make that much difference I'll just buy the wings.

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Anyone? They must be popular, my dealer sold 5 pairs in the last 2 weeks.

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Wings will make big difference
    You will see ur self running the V plow more in straight mode vs full scoop when I have mine on my 9.6 western
    Windrowing you will move more on each pass with no trailing snow
    In V mode and busting drifts wings on I think stables the truck more vs w/out them

4. Justinvvn

Justinvvn Junior Member

On the fisher website they have an efficiency calculator comparing the XLS to other plows. Dont know how accurate the info is but it may help you out

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Wings will help a lot. They're angled so they kind of work like the wings on an xls in that they help hold the snow and reduce trail off. On an 8'6" extreme vee with wings you're going to be almost 10' wide anyhow. $1,000 vs over $6,000 at our half assed dealer, I know what I would do.

6. bigdeezle442

bigdeezle442 Junior Member

I have a set on my 9'6" xv. They work great but after 4 or 5 seasons they are showing some wear, both the lower pins have bent and now they don't fit back on. I am in process of replacing the pins as well as some other mods. I will post some pics when I am done.

7. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I run a couple of Blizzard pp's and absolutely love them. With that said, I think a v with wings would be a sweet setup, too.