1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher width for gmc 2011 k-3500 hd

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mrascoe, Nov 28, 2011.

1. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

i just purchased a new 2011 gmc k3500 hd with a dump and i want to get a new fisher plow installed but i dont want to go too big because 90% of my accounts are residential and i dont want to tare the lawns up.can i install the 8ft straight blade without running over snow with my duals when fully angled right or left?

2. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

You would be best off getting a 9' straight blade for that truck. A 8' would be too small and you would be running over your windrows with the dual wheels.

3. Carpenter98

Carpenter98 Member

I agree. Get the 9'. A friend of mine has a 8' on his dually and he can't clear stuff off cleanly. The residential drives should still be plenty wide for a 9' plow straight anyway.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Or an XLS and have best of both worlds.

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I second the xls. I have one and it is the most versatile plow out there. I also have a 8.6 fisher V and if I have your truck and was going with the V I would get the 9.6. Good Luck on your choice.

6. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

thanks guys!

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i get the xls or the wideout