1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher-Western V cutting edge?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dockboy, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Hey Guy's

Before I go running up to the local Fisher dealer in the morning, does anyone know if the egdes for a Fisher 8.5 EZV will bolt right on to a Western 8.5 MPV????

I know they are basically the same plow, but just wanted to check.

My edges are shot, my new U edge is at a UPS Distribution center scheduled to be delivered Mon(and they wouldn't let me go pick it up:realmad: ) and I got up to 20" of snow comming tomorrow:eek:

Thanks,

Greg

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Docks are the trip edges themselves worn?

3. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Yes Dockboy, they should bolt right up as they use the same bolt pattern. We just sold a cutting edge for an 8.5' v plow the other day.

Bryan

4. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Thanks snow:)

JD, No the trip edge is not worn yet, but if I don't get something on it, it will start soon:(

Greg

5. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Greg if you have to you can put one storm on those edges without much waring (just don't go too much longer).

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The edges will bolt right up, you cannot however run a storm on the western base angle. It is only a piece of 2" angle iron, not a large base angle like the fisher.
    Dino

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Dino is right.

The base angle on the Western is not like the traditional base angle on a Fisher. I am not sure if they would even interchange. You definately do not want to try to plow with the angle.

On the same line I saw a truck the other day where they put on edges without considering the center of the V. This plow must leave about a 4" wide x 6" high ridge in the center when plowing. Look really silly and I can't see the time savings og using that V.