1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher-western inter-change?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rufushusky, Apr 3, 2015.

1. rufushusky

rufushusky Junior Member

Hey, stupid question that I couldn't find the exact answer on a search...

So, my parents have my old 2002 F350 ECLB 7.3 SRW and it has a cartoonishly small 7'6" western poly on the front end of it. They only plow out their own driveway and my aunt who lives next door... however my parents have a 307 foot drive way that is almost all up hill, is very narrow and has one of the busiest state roads in Mass at the end of it, scenic Route 18 in South Weymouth. To say it is a nightmare to clear out is an understatement. The past few winters have made it emphatically clear that the 7'6" just isn't getting it down since when angled it doesn't cover the track of the truck and therefore my father has a nasty tendency to wind up stuck. And having a 64 year old digging out a truck on route 18 is not the safest thing in the world. Honestly, someone else should be clearing the driveway but you would have a better chance of convincing California it doesn't need the hoover dam than convincing my father he doesn't need a plow... so that is a moot point.

I am thinking a 8'6" blade would give them a little more coverage and allow them to angle safer.

Phew... ok so now that the back story is out of the way... As aforementioned they have a western plow. It is an old unimount that was coverted to a three wire set up with a joystick. They are also using a ultra to uni mount adapter. I am finding Western's aren't as easy to come by as fisher plows. From trolling around here it appears that Western and Fisher share an OEM... so how much of the three wire harness and ultra mount truck side frame is adaptable to fisher plows? If I found a MM2 plow for them what would need to be done to get it to work on the truck?

For those that have made it through this long winded post it is much appreciated. TIA!:dizzy:
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

The frames on the truck are not the same. Not even close, sorry. The wiring should work. Plows will be for sale. Craig's list or ebay. If you were closer I have one I think I'm gonna sell.
  3. rufushusky

rufushusky Junior Member

I figured that was the case... bummer. Eh, if I can find a fisher for the right price then maybe the push plates would be worth. Thanks!
  4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

California doesn't have the Hoover Dam.

But yes various setups are going to start showing up now at bargain prices. Prices go up in fall when demand goes up.
  5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

About a third of the power generated at the Hoover Dam goes to California so there is that
  6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

neither one of them have water right now so there's that