1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Vs. Western?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lil'PlowinMan93, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Lil'PlowinMan93

Lil'PlowinMan93 Senior Member

Which do you prefer? If you have any pic's of your trucks with either plow would be great thanks =]

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I like Fisher becouse there made in Maine and they are very strong.

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

?????
    Same company makes both plows. Really comes down to support/mounting system preference. Other wise very simmilar design.

4. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

same exact plow x blade is same as pro-plus

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I like fisher because i prefer the trip edge. Western plows are full trip.:)

6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Douglas Dynamics LLC Ownes Fisher, Western, and Blizzard snowplows.

Outta of the three the winner is Blizzard for there Cylinder lift plows over the chain lift westerns and fishers...jmo

I've never used any of the three, but from researching, the Blizzard wins. I would pick a Fisher over a Western as well, cue to some of there extra features.

7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

They are all good plows it comes down to preference. For my conditions i found trip edge plows seem to work better . I also liked the chain lift fisher over a Cylinder lift boss plow we had in our fleet for 1 year. again jmo

8. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I have a thread in pictures which shows my 2 jeeps. Last yr I bought a western for the 90, this yr I bought a fisher for the 97. The bonus and the reason I bought them is they are interchangeable. Bear in mind that these are baby plows, but they each plow 8 hrs every storm :) Switched the plows to get red/red combo.

186.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  9. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

The X-Blade and the Pro-Plus are not even close to the same plow.

X-Blade:
    [​IMG]
    Pro-Plus:
    [​IMG]

We have an Fisher X-blade and a Western Ploy-Pro, they are great plows, it just comes down to if you like the trip edge or a trip blade.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I still think Fisher makes a better plow, and they are made in Maine.

11. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

I run both. Old Western conventional pro-plow 8', 8' MM2 Fisher. Western scrapes/stacks better some of the time. Fisher built heavier. Fisher trip edge works better on unpaved surfaces or heavy, wet snow (no mold-board trip). Western seems to like doing pavement better and does better job of back-dragging. As a side note run a Meyer as well. Closest dealer is important. Everything I have was purchased used, so what I could get @ best price.

12. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i have had good luck with western and fisher. the wiring is the same, both have the same headgear and controls. i do like how the western hooks up vs the fisher, especially on uneven terrain. pretty much comes down to trip edge vs full trip and if you like red or yellow :D

13. Lil'PlowinMan93

Lil'PlowinMan93 Senior Member

Well i'll stay away from yellow because everyone absolutely hates there meyer's. which idk why but who knows