1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher vs. Meyer

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MGoBluePlow!, Nov 17, 2006.

1. MGoBluePlow!

MGoBluePlow! Junior Member

Hi All! I am looking to get a plow and am torn between these two. I would just like to know why you chose Fisher over Meyer or another brand of plow. Were the features better on one of them, was the warranty better? Ya know, stuff like that. Thanks. xysport

2. MGoBluePlow!

17 Views and no reply! C'mon! I'm not rying to start a flame war, I'm just trying to get honest opinions from people who have used Fishers.

3. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

Maybe you should have asked Chevy or Ford ?? that would probably start a war .. much quicker that 17 views ...
    I have fisher.. nothing but fisher and will never own anything... but fisher ..
    My reasons are simple ... they sell fisher parts everywhere .. after market fisher parts everywhere .. and I stock only one brand of spare parts .. and if I need more in the middle of the night and run out ... my friends have nothing but fisher and they have spare stuff too.. I am not sure about the warranty I have never brought a plow back for service ..I do all my own installs and repairs ..
    I do however modify my plows before I plow with them .. they are built well.. but some plows are built better.. Does that help at all??

4. MGoBluePlow!

Yes, thank you. Thats all I was looking for. Anyone Else?

5. MGoBluePlow!

Also, I have heard reports that the Fisher Splash Logo comes off very easliy. Is there any truth to this at all?

6. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Over the past 10 years, I've owned the following on various vehicles: 8' Western Uni-Mount, 7.5' Fisher MM1, 8' Fisher MM2, 8' Fisher SS X-Blade MM2, Blizzard 810 and now I'm back with Fisher (9' SS X-Blade) on my current truck ('06 F-350 PSD). Of all, the Fishers have been the best hands down, with the Western coming in a close 2nd. Fisher just makes a great plow, regardless if it's a conventional mount, Minute Mount or Minute Mount 2. The hydraulics may not be the fastest, but I've never had a pump let me down and I'll take consistent reliability over speed any day. Now although the headlights, not counting the newest version just released, have never been that great, the electrical connectors are second to none- easy on/easy off and they actually stay connected, unlike another, highly recommended & publicized brand out there.

As for Meyer, although I've never owned one, I've seen them in action and have never been impressed.

7. MGoBluePlow!

Anything about the Splash coming off?

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have not owned either but I would say Fisher would be better IMO. I have seen Meyers on other guys trucks, and i'm not impressed at all. Paint, construction, pumps, etc. all are lacking compared to other manufacturers I believe. Personally, I choose BOSS, but to each there own! :)

9. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

As for the "Splash" decal, I've never had one come off. Not that I'd care if it did.

I looked at a Boss 9.2 Poly V over the summer. I really liked it and would've bought if it had a trip edge.

Ryan

10. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Fisher

Hey I Would Go With A Fisher!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Have A Two Fisher Plows Let Me Tell You They Are Great I Will Never Own Anything But A Fisher They Hold Up Very Well And They Are Built Very Strong I Also Have A Western Don't Get Me Wrong They Are Good Plows To But I Think The Fisher Is Much Stronger Duty I Have Never Had It Let Me Down

I Think You Should Go With A 8 Or 8 1/2 Ss X Blade You Will Be Happy With It I Would Not Go With A Meyer

11. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

yes the decals wear right off. They come off the first week of plowing on the new plows but it's only a sticker, whos cares.

12. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Lets see I have or currently owned a Fisher, Western, Meyer. Also have plowed with just about everything out there. Meyers flat out suck. I can now tear down a e-60 and e-47 in my sleep. Because of how much work you have to do to them. Fisher/western have never let me down. Change the fluid every year and she workes every time. Meyers its a crap shoot every time.