1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher vs Curtis

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dmjr77, Jan 31, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Well.......I just got back from looking a trucks tonight. I went to a dealer and I saw a Fisher and a Curtis plow. I have to admit, I feel that fisher builds a better plow. Even though the Curtis has the hitch and run system and the Fisher you still have to load manually, the Fisher just looks like a better built plow.

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

In my opinion/experience, you can't go wrong with either of them. Both are built very well, and the MMII system rivals but IMO falls short of the Hitch N Run. I would say that curtis is built at least as strong as fisher plows. Was the Curtis you saw new? Was it Full Trip or Trip Edge? Curtis now offers a trip edge like fisher. I own 2 Curtis plows, a 7'5" and a 7' both have been problem free and are in great shape. Curtis has a nice clean looking mount without the plow attached. I also use a Fisher V every once in a while and that has never failed us either. Both are excellent plows. Curtis (as you may have noticed) is growing very fast and they are starting to catch up to Fisher sales in New England. Still a while yet before they match Fisher in sales though. You are starting to see some dealerships selling new trucks with Curtis plows on them, still not as many as Fisher though.

3. jasf

jasf Member

Curtis looks like a good plow.Where I live there have been 3 dealers in the last 3 years. All 3 have had good advertising,but when they sellm out they no longer support the product?!? NO PARTS.I'm sure next season we'll have the 4th dealer.