1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher vs Boss

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BlizzardBeater, Jul 20, 2011.

1. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Here's a little something that came across my homepage the other day that I found interesting. Obviously it's a little biased towards Fisher but it brings up several valid points. Not looking for another Fisher vs Boss debate but I figured for those individuals trying to make up their mind, it might make some good watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9JKXaO4YbI&feature=share

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Did you mention anything about transmissions in there:confused::confused::rolleyes:

3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Both plows have their pro's & con's. As a Boss V owner, the only thing I really don't like is the width. I wish my 8'2 was an 8'6 width. Oh and my Boss V does trip when in the V position, and in scoop mode when I hit something hard the wing will retract back. Not a big issue for me.

4. BlizzardBeater

from Maine

Ya, they're both hard as crap on em lol.:mechanic:

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The Yellow light was flashing.....

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What happened????????? Where did the rest of the posts go????? Looks like DD and Dr Delete are removing relevant comments again. Censorship; the best form of advertising

For those who didn't pick up on it this is a highly Fisher biased clip and the Boss is not being used properly for maximum performance in an effort to enhance the Fisher's operation. Terrorist advertising at its best.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Lost allot of them didn't we? Talk about a knee jerk reaction. :rolleyes:

The Napper's yellow blinky had to be blinding him by now. :laughing:

8. BlizzardBeater

from Maine

Ya, I see a lot of them got pulled. It was never intended to be a dig on Boss guys. I simply thought that it showed a lot of good features of the new Fisher. I thought that it was pretty obvious that it was made by Fisher and I said in the OP that it was baised. Sorry if anybody go their feelings hurt. I know a lot of guys that love their Bosses.

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

can someone download and repost the video on their account, so we can post comments that won't get deleted?

10. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Rumor has it That Boss is Merging with Fisher to Form a new company called FiBo....They are going to use Old Snoway Mega Blades as their first offering....They will be painted Red with Yellow Flames...How Cool....Can't wait.......Thumbs Up

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

New? The XV is at least five years old....

She called me at work, I came home early

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Love is in the air:eek:Thumbs Up

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I heard they were converting them to chain lift.:mechanic:

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Like others have said both plows have pros and cons. I personaly like the Fisher better but, if Boss had a trip edge V it would probly take over the market.

15. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Chain Lift....Is there any other way to lift a Plow?????.....:confused:.....:eek:

16. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

The only problem I have with this vid is it LIES it is UNTRUE. I have a boss V and as in the vid when in scoop and you hit an obstacle, the pressure relief on the cylinders allows the blade to swing to the strait position and then trips. I know Ive tripped it plenty of times in the V mode.

17. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

Hi Guys,

My name is Jeff and I work on social media for DD. I really enjoy reading the posts on Plowsite on a regular basis. It is great voice of Customer information and really helps me understand the plowing industry a lot better. I am generally a passive participant in the discussions that happen on Plowsite. When the Fisher/Boss V-plow comparison video was posted on the Fisher thread I was excited to see what kind of feedback it would receive. I was a little disappointed when I saw the comment that said the Boss should have been in the float position for the test. The reason I was disappointed is because I was actually at the crash test and knew all the plows we tested were in float. So, I actually called Jim (original poster) to let him know the plows were, in fact, in float. I felt like I could call Jim directly because I have read a lot of his past posts on Plowsite, and it seems like he would care about posting accurate content.

We discussed it and I thought it would be best to take the post off as it was not accurate. In retrospect, it was probably not the way to go and a little "knee-jerk" like you said. I think sometimes the pride I have for our Fisher products might be a little too strong. We care about and put a lot of effort into putting out a great product. It is difficult enough to hear some negative feedback every once in a while, but even more challenging when the feedback is inaccurate. However, in the future, I will probably adopt a different course of action. :)

As far as the video is concerned, I was really happy with the results. We tried to take a "nuts and bolts" approach to the comparison video. I think we stayed to the facts and it really highlighted some of the strengths of our brand.

Take care,

jeff

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Many things effect the correct operation of a plow, mount height, relief settings, spring tension, etc, for a true comparison you need Boss to send a truck and operator.

There are many people operating Boss Vees without encountering the issues you portray. While I am not questioning the accuracy of your statements I will question your knowledge and experience in setting up a Boss Vee for proper operation. We all know some dealers are better then others but NO plow (including yours) preforms properly out of the box without proper set up and they all perform even better after the the attentions of a qualified set-up technician.

19. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Well i think besides not showing that it was in float or saying it was in float mode is probably the only bad thing. i think when you do a test like that maybe it would be good to get a regular guy maybe from this site to participate in it giving it real feed back on the spot with a side by side and giving there 2 cents. i thinkl if the fisher had an optionall high end to throw the sno farther like the boss it would be great. then the only thing you would have to work on would be price and waranty issues.

20. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

while I was on youtube i saw this video that a dealer made describing the difference between 2 straight blades maybe fisher could have some kind of rebutle as to what he is saying .

http://youtu.be/gPoHhIB88t4