1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher vplow problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by alexf250, Feb 22, 2007.

1. alexf250

alexf250 Member

I have an 8.5' Ez V plow. It goes into the scoop and vee with no problems but when you have it in the straight position and go to angle it to the right only the right wing goes in and the left wing does not move. It does the same thing when you go to the left.

2. ATWE

ATWE Junior Member
    from Chicago

I had a very similar problem last weekend, of course a day later the thing worked fine. I spoke to the dealer about it, he blamed it on weather conditions. I don't believe that simply because there was nothing extreme about the weather. My thinking is it's the connections to the plow, clean those up, spread the prongs on the main wire a little, add some dielectric grease and see if that does anything. You figure if the current is heading in the wrong direction or not getting through, that's what would happen. They're talking a good chance of some decent snow here this weekend and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't run into the same problem

3. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

The s5 cartridge most likely has contamination in it causing the angle functions to perform in that manner. Remove the S5 cartridge and inspect. If you find metal fillings in the cartridge then you might have another problem with your angle cylinders wearing on the inside. Have to unit inspected by a Fisher tech.