1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher vee plow moves slow in all directions- EZ vee

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Shop's Lawn, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

I have a 9' 6" EZ Vee plow- The plow moves really slow and does not like to lift up while pushing snow to go up over curbs. At times it will not go all the way up/ goes half way then will stop.
    No apparent leaks- had a very slow leaking ram last year but put new ram on. Possibly replace elec. motor? or new valves?
    THanks

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

check fluid level and/or replace internal filter

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

There is also a presure bypass on them that is adjustable, not sure how, but fisher tech support is ussally pretty helpful.

4. Shop's Lawn

full of fluid= Have not cleaned filter or replaced it.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Change the fluid and clean the filter. iF the filter has gel that has passed though it look further in the system for contaminants. Drain all fluids and flush unit. Refill with premium snowplow fluid (manufacturer does not matter just use only ONE type fluid DO NOT mix)

6. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

On the ezv I had the filter changed when the pick up tube fell off. Seems like ever since then plow has hard time lifting snow over curbs aswell. Fluid is full filter is 1 season old. anything inside the pump that can cause this problem?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Gelling??? drain clean the filter and flush the entire system, (meyer Hydraflush is a good choice) cycle it for a while. let it sit a day or two in the system if possible. then drain and refill. If it is going to help you will see it while the hydra flush is still in place. It also helps lubricate and free sticky check/relief/cartridge valves

8. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

Will try it out. hopefully i can purchase this hydraflush stuff locally

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Gelling??? drain clean the filter and flush the entire system, (meyer Hydraflush is a good choice) cycle it for a while. let it sit a day or two in the system if possible. then drain and refill. If it is going to help you will see it while the hydra flush is still in place. It also helps lubricate and free sticky check/relief/cartridge valves

10. Shop's Lawn

I have been away and have not got a chance to take a look at it. I will clean filter or replace and flush system and see what happens. Will let you know if it took care of problem. Thanks much