1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher vee issue

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nor'easter1, Dec 22, 2004.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Guys question. I have fisher 8'6 power vee minute mount not insta act. Bought it off repo man last spring put it on my 2500 hd chevy. New cutting edge, new hoses everything. Problem in scoop mode edges are off ground which defeats the purpose. Also does not scrape all that well. Do I need to adjust a bolt or some thing. Seems like a simple fix. Wish I could almost put forward pressure on blade to create the angle that the thing is designed for. Thanks guys keep safe

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Your right,simple adjustment for the height of your truck.You need to adjust the push bar at the bottom of the headgear,it uses 2 large bolts on each side,loosen them up,attach the plow to your truck,put it in "scoop",next place a 1/4" piece of steel under the center of the blade and lower it,now tighten the 4 bolts back up.
    Those bolts will probably loosen up again so lock-tite would be helpfull.I've actually welded the push bar to the A-frame on a few of them to keep them fast.