1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Vbox question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rustyb265, Jan 4, 2010.

1. rustyb265

rustyb265 Member
    from Mass

I am considering purchasing one of the fisher poly vboxes next season for my F350 pickup. My concern is that in all the pics I have seen it appears that the spreading wheel (not sure on the exact terminolgy) sits really high. It seems to be up even with or slightly above the bumper on most trucks. What I am about is it constantly throwing salt and sand all over the back of my truck. I know that my truck will take some wear and tear, but I just dont want salt being thrown on it every time I turn the sander on. Anyone encounter this problem? Any solutions? I saw a setup like I am talking about going to down the road today and there was sand and salt stacked on the bumper from the spreader!

2. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

If they are setup correctly there should be a "back-guard" that directs the product off the truck if it should be thrown that direction.

Maybe their bumper had been loaded up from the operator spilling when loading?

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

the cutes are adjustable , so you are able to lower it itf you'd like. i found it to be too low in it's lower postion to spread salt good. i bought a truck mudflap and mounted it to the spreader to keep salt off the bumper and trailer socket,
    steve:confused:

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

get a tractor trailer mud flap . helps keep the back of the truck clean. my local napa carries them

JR

5. rustyb265

rustyb265 Member
    from Mass

Thanks for the advice! Xtreem3D, any chance you could post a pic on here of how you have it set up? That would help out alot. Thankyou!

6. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

here are a few..i used a truck mudflap

DSCN0155.JPG

DSCN0156.JPG

DSCN0157.JPG

7. rustyb265

rustyb265 Member
    from Mass

Thanks Xtreem. Do you have any problems with rust or rot starting on the back of your truck from the salt? Does just washing it after each use do the trick? I know I am being a little anal about this, but the truck I will install this on is my every day driver and kinda my "family truck." Just dont want to destroy my truck after one season with salt! Thanks for all the help.