1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Valve Body Freakin' Out?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oversoul, Nov 12, 2002.

1. oversoul

oversoul Junior Member
    from Maine

I just Finallly got a old fisher plow pieced together and installed on my '81 Chevy.

I used all the instruction manuals that are on Fisher's www site to make sure I got all the hoses and stuff in the right place.

Now that it's on and everything seems to be hooked up right.....something is freaking out.

The right and left angle valve seems to work...BUT..

When It gets to the end of it's angle...........It LIFTS!

Right or left.......dosent matter.....it will LIFT when it gets to the to the full angle.

AND.......the lift valve dosent do anything.

I'm positive the hoses are correct....

There must be something wrong inside of that valve body......

What do you think?

Trevor.

2. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

when you try to use the lift/lower by itself what happens?
    it sounds like a cable adjustment problem to me.

3. oversoul

oversoul Junior Member
    from Maine

I dont even have the cables hooked up yet........I'm just pulling and pushing the valve stems where the cables hook by hand.

4. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

hook the cables and controller up, adjust them properly and try it.

5. mowahman

mowahman Junior Member

You need to hook up the cables from the joystick or Tee handles to the valve body. The lift and angle spools need to be in "neutral" position as to not backfeed or bypass pressure into the other control spool. Try this, hope it helps.