1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher v2 for my 97 ford??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 512high, Feb 23, 2015.

1. 512high

512high Senior Member

Hi , I have a 1997 Ford power stroke F-350 reg. cab, with a minute mount 18 ft. straight. I tried a friends V2 over the week end and am very impressed, My question is this, my local fisher dealer said "e-match" shows I must have a min. of 5k axle rating in front, my door jam says , 4,800. However, I bought the truck new in 97, had an extra leaf spring added on all 4-sides, I called the spring company today, and they said I added around 700-750lbs rating capacity to the front end.

I think the new V2 stainless(8'6") weighs 975 lbs? does anyone know what a MM1 8ft. straight weighs? My dealer said he would install for me because he knows the truck and that I did add the extra leafs, does anyone think im asking for trouble in the event I purchase next year? Just an fyi you all must be thinking 97?? , No rust, original paint, stock, just about to hit 39,000 miles, being garaged all its life and in a heated shop with wash bays helps. Thanks ahead of time guys

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If you have an 18' ft blade now, a 8.6' V will be no problem at all. :rolleyes:

Run a xv on my 02 diesel without any issues.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Oh, and a 8' MM1 should be around 700 pounds. ;)

4. 512high

512high Senior Member

Ok thanks for the quick reply !

5. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

You will be fine, run it!

6. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I think you need to sell this truck to me...and I'm in the next town over! Post pictures please!

7. 512high

512high Senior Member

*LOL Everyone wants it..pm with your email, i can send a pic or so, i still havent learned how to send a pic to this site, you are more then welcome to post if you wish..philip