1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher V plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kamhillbilly, Dec 18, 2005.

1. I am considering a new plow tossing around idea of fisher or boss v plow. I hear center hoof on boss is not very good what does the fisher have in the center of cutting edges?I am plowing rural gravel roads and long gravel driveways.In need of some input pros and cons.Thanks

2. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

It has a Thick Flexible Rubber Piece. Now that i think of it I should proably Replace mine. it has been 2.5 years

3. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

yes it is a thick rubber piece, and from what I've heard and read, it does a much better job than you would think. I would go with the Fisher if I were you. I think that fisher is the best plow in the whole world. A friend of mine bought the EZ-V last year and he says he will never go back to Boss, and that it's just too well engineered.

-Thann

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I have had an 8 1/2 Fisher V since 2003 and have abosolutly no complaints. There is a section of rubber in the middle of the two blades so no snow is left behind. The rubber part actually scraps better than the rest of the blade. I would not hesitate to buy another. I looked at the Boss plows but didn't like 2 things. One was that it only had a 1 year warranty vs Fishers 2 year and two they only offered a full trip version of the V, Fisher has the trip edge design. In Maine we get alot of wet heavy snow and the trip edge works best IMO.

5. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

LB Landscaping, where in Maine are you?

-Thann

6. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Same as you Portland!!!!! Good to see some others from the area. Do you plow in the area???

7. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

I agree with you here.......I think the whole plow should be this rubber piece. LOL

8. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Maybe we should post this in the Fisher Forum!!! I am impressed wit the plow overall. I'm on my third year and the rubber is still working perfect and I plow alot of accounts. I figured I be replacing it yearly. A rubber cutting edge maybe theres a market out there!!!!!:nod: :nod:

9. Thanks for all your input

10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

They're out there, but they don;t work as well when the whole blade is supported by the rubber edge as when the blade is supported by a steel edge and has a section of rubber in the middle.....they wear fast and tend to curve under the blade weight. Search for rubber cutting edges in other threads.

11. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Makes sense!!!

12. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

I have 2 fisher 9.5V I burn up 2 sets of cutting edges per year on the truck I drive. ( Yes I push a lot of snow!) the V's don't seem to scrap as well as a straight plow, we do a lot of parking lots w/ long lanes between parked cars. the V's are 5 -6 -7 times faster I do think that fisher makes the best plows for med & light duty!!! where I got STUNG, cutting edges cost $280 a set + the rubber center piece upgrade is now a 2 piece rubber w/ steel wire reinforced add $99 for that, OUCH, the rubber snow deflector $$ OUCH again,

BUT Hands down!!! the best plow in the world is the one that you can get fixed or get parts for at 2am