1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher V plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WOODY367, May 14, 2016.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Buying a Fisher v plow "only Fisher" and want to know the pros and cons between the XtremeV and the XV2. I am leaning toward the XtremeV. Was told The XV2 blocks alot of the air flow to the radiator and cost more for the same benefits i mainly do very long driveways

2. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Bump, any input?

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I haven't used an XV2 but from what I've heard it windrows better but imo a vee is more for scooping and breaking into places than windrowing. Personally I think its just unnecessarily heavy but that's just my .02. Like I said, I haven't used the XV2 so I could be entirely wrong about it

4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

xv2 is an updated version of the xv1, if your plowing roads or long driveways it will throw the snow further up and away from the banking because of the flared wings.

It has a bigger center pin, bigger lift ram, better T frame which includes the carriage bolts, and also 3 connection points instead of 2.