1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher V-plow trip edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by polarplowing, Mar 5, 2006.

1. polarplowing

polarplowing Member

I am currently doing some research on V-plows. I have been looking at the Western/Fisher blades because of the trip edge design. I am wondering though, how the center shoe on the cutting edge trips, if it does at all? Does it have its own trip spring and hinge? If it doesn't trip I can't see how you could keep your truck and blade combo in one piece. I know Boss v-plows have tons of problems with those center shoes (they are full trip of course) and they came out with new cutting edges to cure the problem. I'm just not sure how the Westerns and Fishers work, the brochures and web site don't offer any insight on how it works. So any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

see your post under the western thread
  3. ashsupply

ashsupply Junior Member
    from nh

v plow edge

the new center piece is made part of the cutting edge with bent steel, the former edges had a rubber center flap in the middle. all manufacturers are trying different approaches to it, but the new fisher one looks promising