1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher V Plow Problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by EJAM, Mar 18, 2004.

1. EJAM

EJAM Junior Member

I HIT FROZEN HUMP WHILE DRIVING BACKWARDS WITH THE LEFT WING ON A 8.5 V PLOW WHICH RIPPED THE CYLINDER APART. I REPLACED THE CYLINDER AND NOW THE V AND SCOOP FUNCTIONS DO NOT WORK RIGHT. IF I PUSH FOR THE SCOOP IT GOES TO V. IF I JUST USE AS STRAIGHT BLADE IT WORKS FINE. WHEN I PUT THE CYLINDER BACK ON IT WORKED FINE FOR THE FIRST FEW TIMES I TRIED IT BUT THEN IT STARTED TO NOT WORK CORRECTLY. I EVEN TRIED SWAPPING THE FRONT AND REAR LINES ON THE CYLINDER THINKING I SWAPPED THEM WHEN I PUT IT BACK TOGETHER. ANYONE EVER HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

2. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Check to make sure that the solenoid under the hood didn't rattle loose. My solenoid came loose and lost its ground. It cause mine to have a mind of its own. Also check to make sure have the proper amount of fluid in the system.

3. EJAM

EJAM Junior Member

fluid level has been first checked with v and pistons all down its on a 2001 chevy. Not sure there is a solonoid under the hood. today it was working intermittently now.

4. chris k

chris k Senior Member

There has to be a solenoid under the hood. That's what makes the plow work. Try checking the screen in the pump.

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Ejam,

You have a Valve on the pump that is not functioning properly. You will need to check a service manual, call the dealer or someone with a manual to do the full diagnose on which valve. It sounds like the trigger valve for the scoop function is jammed. If you tore out a cyl you probably have pcs of metal that worked into the valves and this causes the jam up. If you want to call the shop on Monday or try tommorow after 1:00 I'll be there for a while and can walk you through the check out.

Jerre