1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher v plow Hydraulics and other??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jfischer, Dec 18, 2008.

1. jfischer

jfischer Junior Member

I appreciate any assistance or information that can be given I bought a 10 yr old Fisher v plow. The guy I bought it off of said the pump had been replaced 2 yr ago it says Easy V on it. He also told me that ATF was what was in the plow for fluid. Everything seems to be working pretty well however when I back drag the right side will tend to pull forward. It will also make a grinding sound sometimes when it is moving. Also I was wondering if it should have enough power to move the plow into the scoop position when I am stacking snow currently it does not. I got to use it yesterday for the first time on my lot. It was great, with the exception of the previously mentioned things. Again thanks for your input.

2. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

First off get the ATF out of there it will give you nothing but problems. It will work but tends to freeze up and holds more moisture. It should not grind I would assume pump or motor others with more know how than me will soon chime in.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Use the blue Fisher fluid. Wing should not move when backdragging if you are not touching the controller. I don't think you can go to scoop as you are stacking and into the pile. Just start in scoop position and stack away.

4. jfischer

jfischer Junior Member

Thanks,
    How can I get the wing to not move as I am not touching the controller? Might it have somthing to do with the grinding I here occasionally? I will p/u some fluid on the way home. We ars suposed to get 6-12 today and some more on Sun. What is special about the blue? Thanks again!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  5. jfischer

jfischer Junior Member

Clint, Up St NY is a big place where are you from in Up St? Hope some others do chime in on the grinding. Thanks for the reply

6. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Oswego county, 40 minutes north of syracuse about an hour from the canadian border. Home of lake effect by the foot. Well over 200 inches a year.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It's not supposed to move, but it sounds like it does when you are backdragging. Unless you are trying to adjust the angle as you backdrag. It may be ice or a sticking valve. New fluid may fix it.

8. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

The wings will move if there is enough resistance to hit the relief vavle. Its happened on my V plow