1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher v plow hitting grille and hood

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by juicybaka, Mar 2, 2015.

1. juicybaka

juicybaka Junior Member
    from 3

Took off my '09 and put on '15. Headlights hit/stripped chrome off top of grille and faded stripped paint on edges of hood. Also kickstand cracked grille and small dent in bumper. No problems when it was on '09 and truckside mount is same part number. Drove it up on snow bank and it looks like the welded v shaped limiters that are bolted on both sides of plow frame are letting plow ride too high and they don't appear adjustable. Truck side mount looks true and tight. Wont be for a while until I can get into shop and see whats going on. This is killing me though since truck is so new. Only thing I can think of is '09 had one piece hood/grille whereas '15 hood and grille are independent of eachother. Any thoughts???:cry::cry: Site wont let me upload .jpg so you can SEE

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Fisher makes a adapter to move headlights forward. Also there two different size stacking stops.

3. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

With the plow off check the end of the mounts on the plow, they should be square, I've had all, of mine break, this allows the plow to tip back, especially during stacking hitting the truck.

Bill

4. juicybaka

juicybaka Junior Member
    from 3

Break or bend? I don't know why Im having hard time uploading photo. Ill try to take/send some tomorrow

5. nsmilligan

This will show you where to look. If the ends aren't square then that's the problem

Bill

Attached Files:

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Thinking Fisher and Western change the Tower part (Western Did ) I know my 09 sets really close to the truck VS my 2015 V plow. The tower is made different now.
    My truck is a 2015 F350.
    There was another thread on here. The guys plow tower was rubbing on a new 2015 Chevy He mounted his old style MVP+ on it.
    Might be time to buy a new MVP

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  7. juicybaka

juicybaka Junior Member
    from 3

Wow!!

So the tabs are bent up. But now that snow and ice is off front end, the front frame mount is even worse. bent and angling down and away from each other. Weld is breaking on passenger side mount. No doubt I went hard on the snow this year but didn't beat on the truck. What's up with that? What plow are you using now? Looks like I'll be getting new one this summer. Should this be warranty issue with truck side mount which is brand new and weld is breaking?? Like I said, never any issues with this plow for over 10 years until I put it on new truck. Thanks for info too

8. juicybaka

juicybaka Junior Member
    from 3

Bump......

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Doubt you will get anyone to warranty a bent up broken part. Maybe buy a loader instead of another plow.

10. nsmilligan

I'm still using xv's and a XLS, we just keep repairing them.

Bill

11. juicybaka

juicybaka Junior Member
    from 3

12. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I've tore some good plows before but never anything like that before. Good luck cause ur plans sounds like you've given up and lost.

13. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

14. juicybaka

juicybaka Junior Member
    from 3

15. juicybaka

juicybaka Junior Member
    from 3

I'm in scituate,30 mons south of boston plows going in craigslist this weekend let me know. Plow works fine

16. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Like I said I'm interested. Send me a pm. You may need to make another post. Thanks.

17. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

18. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

That sucks. Have you checked with your insurance agent to see if you have any coverage? Maybe comprehensive?

19. juicybaka

juicybaka Junior Member
    from 3

Sorry getting back so late but comprehensive did cover the damage. I'm putting on Boss for next year. So I have the 8' EZ V if your still interested

20. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Yes I am interested. Send me your email address or number. Thanks.