1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher V - no scoop

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rblake, Nov 23, 2008.

1. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Just hooked up my fisher v on a 1998 Chevy truck. Plow works up and down and left wing moves out. When I try to bring the right wing out the left comes in. Also, the plow will not go into the scoop position. Controller is good. checked it on another truck. How do you change the filter ?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What function does it do when you press the scoop function?

Filter is in the reservoir. Remove the four mounting screws attaching the reservoir and pull it down...after draining the fluid of course. :D

3. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

rblake, my plow did the same thing. I found a couple of the solenoids were stuck. Pulled them out and lightly tapped the ends to free them. Plow has worked great since then.

4. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

The plow does not do any thing. motor runs. I will pull the selenoids. thanks

5. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

which style Vee? if it's an EZ-V your S2 valve may be stuck open. The S-2 is the one with the solid blue wire on it.

Brian

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it doesn't attempt to raise when you press the scoop function you've got more than a single valve problem''or other problems so be sure to pull and check them all...

Be sure to check the grill connectors as well...they cause far more problems than valves do..

7. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I pulled the tank off and one of the pickup filters had come off so I replaced and cleaned the tank. Pulled all of the solenoids, didnt seem stuck open, so cleaned and replaced. Went for the bottom solenoid that has a red wire and blue wire. The nut on the post was very corroded. Had to go buy new one. Try it out in the morning. thanks

8. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

check i think the five pin connector.. i had kinda the same problem a while ago, cant remember what function was not working but the guy must have forced the connectors together and the male pin bent to the side.. also a little electric grease goes a long way..

9. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Good call B&B I forgot that part. I will say that the grill connectors on the module wiring does not have nearly the issues the hollow pin setups did.

Brian

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Couldn't agree more there Brian. The solid pins definitely help with reliability. Of course they still need care an maintenance in order to keep them corrosion free...as with any plow.

11. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Installed the new solenid & valve, added fluid - works perfect. Thanks for the help.