Snow Plowing Forum banner

fisher V boxes

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  NEUSWEDE 
#1 ·
:) Ithinking of buying a fisher v box 8ft with a 10hp tecumseh ,electric start. I am putting it a f350 1ton .Any imput on good and bad about fishers.:)

#2 ·
I have seen them and looked at them and think that they are built kind of lite. Compared to the Torwels they seem kind of chinsey. The door on the conveyor doesn't open as wide as the Torwels, and the one that I was looking at was all bowed out from the sand pushing against it.

#3 ·
How about a Downeaster? I've owned two of them and both have been very dependable and are built to last. The one I own now is Electric and I'll never buy a gas engine one again. There are a lot of choices so I guess it's what ever fits your needs and budget.

#4 ·
Fisher a good box, Stainless Steal would be key, but the engine its coming with s*cks, make sure you go with a briggs or honda engine. Your F350 should be fine but you make want to add a leave or two to each side just so it doesnt puke out.

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.