1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher v-belt pump seals

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BigRigTech, Oct 3, 2009.

1. BigRigTech

BigRigTech Junior Member

Does anyone sell a front shaft seal for the old school Fisher belt driven pumps? I have 2 here, one leaks a little and the 2nd is dry but untested. I'd like to put a shaft seal in the pumps if they are available and reasonable in price. Time is upon us to start gearing up, my pump worked A1 last winter but it leaked a little which made a mess in my engine bay.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have been told the pumps are not easy to get apart. The pressure fitting on the back is brazed to the case. You need to break that, and rebraze it when you are done.

I have no idea on seals. Would seem like they should be available. Pumps are still available from Fisher. About $350

3. BigRigTech

BigRigTech Junior Member

Yeah, I priced a new one but being a truckmechanic I can't stand to replace working parts because of a 2 cent seal or o-ring...LOL