1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FISHER under hood valve?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WOODY367, Dec 14, 2003.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I have a older FISHER setup with under hood belt pump and valve. The valve must be worn as the blade will slowly drop over time. Is there a rebuild kit for them or what is the cost of a new one and is there a online source for them. Thanks :)

2. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

Hi you could rebuild it, but I would just get a new one. I priced it out last year for about 250.00

3. asnowsquall

asnowsquall Junior Member
    from VT

I've got the same setup. Mine slowly drops for about the first 15-20 minutes also, sometimes when you least expect it and I don't have a snow foil so its instant white out, dangerous. I've got to do something also. Is it maybe an adjustment at the control valve? I've had mine totally apart before and there isn't alot to them. Biggest thing you would need is the special o-rings.

4. lw4259

lw4259 Junior Member

another thing to remember

I have the same setup, older fisher an all. I replaced the valve, something told me when was tired an not paying attention i would forget then the blade would hit the ground. My luck it would be on the highway going 50mph.

The shop that i use replaced it, they said they dont get into kits. I cant fight my equipment an make money at the same time, so my reasoning is fix it right an move on.

Good luck this season,

Lee

5. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

There is no rebuild kit for these. The spools are machined specifically for each valve. It will have to be replaced