1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher turn signal wiring 97 k2500

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CJV Towing, Dec 1, 2013.

1. CJV Towing

CJV Towing Junior Member

Hey guys does any one know which wires need to be tapped into for turn signals on a 97 k2500

My fisher harness has

pass side

purple

drivers side

Pink

Purple

Brown

thanks in advance ussmileyflagussmileyflagussmileyflag

2. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

I had to completely re-do the wiring on my 88 K2500 after I bought it. This helped a lot, just have to figure out which schematic is for you.

http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdffiles/22372_050098.pdf
    I have a 9-pin connector, single-headlight, no DRL setup, so page 15 is the schematic for my truck. You'll have to figure out what yours is.

As far as what wires to tap into, check out a wiring diagram (which I don't have on me at the moment). Or, just pop the turn signal out and see what color wires are coming out of it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

4. CJV Towing

CJV Towing Junior Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I was actually looking for what color wires off the factory truck I had to tap into, I figured purple was for the turn signals as its on both sides. The part I'm struggling with is what to tap into on my truck hanress, as I have 2 turn signal bulbs and both flash, which equals 6 different choices to tap into per side! thanks for the help tho

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Have a test light? Turn blinker on and probe for the correct wire.

6. CJV Towing

CJV Towing Junior Member

colors

I was able to figure this out, also works on 97 C3500 Hd

Purple on plow harness goes to blue on truck harness (test for flash with test light)

drivers side brown on plow harness goes to brown on truck for parking lights.

My truck does not have DRL so I didn't use the pink wire

7. CJV Towing

CJV Towing Junior Member

Guess I was being lazy lol, didn't think of that until my last post lol

8. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

Any bulb that flashes is fine to tap into. I had the same thing. My parking lights and turn signals act the exact same way... They're both on at the same time and both flash when the turn signal is on. So I could've tapped into either and it wouldn't have made a difference.