1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Mainuh, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Mainuh

Mainuh Junior Member
    from Maine

As you fellows that have a Tundra and Fisher combo know, the crossbar of the mount/push plate needs to be removed in order to remove the skid plate for oil changes. Has anyone cut back the front of the skid plate so that can be removed without removing the crossbar? Or has anyone just removed the skid plate altogether?
  2. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

My skid plate was only trimmed when i got my plow installed, you still have to remove the crossbar when you do an oil change. You can trim it back further, so you don't have to remove that one screw from the skid plate that blocked from the crossbar but you might get a rattle from it. Or just remove that one screw and zip tie it, then just cut the zip tie off when you do an oil change.