1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher trip springs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim1075, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

My new but not so new truck that I just bought comes with a Fisher plow but it's missing 1 of the 4 trip srings and how much is that going to cost?
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

depends if you buy from your fisher or dealer or, an aftermarkert parts co. Either way you need the spring.

3. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

are they hard to install?
  4. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Tim,in the arm that runs from the cutting edge, there should be a hole,if the hole is worn from scraping the pavement you will have to replace the whole bass angle of the plow and make shore that when the plow is on the truck that the other arms ar not hitting the ground or you will lose all the springs.Fisher I think makes a tool for the job that helps putting the spring on. It's been about ten year since I did one so thats about all I can tell about putting one on.
  5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

You will need the spring plus the shaft that goes in the center of the spring. If that lower bracket is ground off, go to a fabricator and have that piece replaced, much cheaper than a new base angle. Any coil spring compressor should work, but I have used a floor jack in a pinch.
    the two pieces should be able to be had for less than 75.00
  6. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

If you do the fabricator route, whitch is all so a good way to go. You will need a new cutting edge to get the arms off the ground.
  7. BillNero

BillNero Member

We sell the complete "N/S" trip spring assembly sells for $32.50 - the tool to release the spring is $19.96 - P/N: 20043.

Your local Fisher Dealer may be slightly higher - at any rate you do need the spring so I wouldn't hesitate getting it put on asap. Should you have to plow any more - you could do more damage.

8. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

BILL --I hear many Models? of FISHER How Do I tell the Differance?--a I have ASKED? several FISHER Owners What Model Do You have?--BLANK Expression??--they DONO?--mine off a 75 FORD--a 3 Way!--MODEL?? my Freinds a Manual-MODEL?--I Asked a GUY w/a New FISHER! Model Answer!--Mines a New ONE!--??--He Didn*t Know? & We DONO? IF? It SNOWS? & where I*M just doing a FEW! I*M condidering?? Tac Welding His Trip EDGE--so He can Use IT?--& Install the Springs Latter! When He Lifts the PLOW the Trip Edge Hangs Down!--& I assume? If HE DId Plow? the Trip Edge would Flip Under--& Cause Problems? & a MESS!--& WE Tried FISHER!--YEH! Their CLOSED for XMAS! We tried local FISHER Dealer--Lot of PARTS!--NO Spring TOOL!--HOPE It Don*t SNOW? Until WE Get His Trip Springs Installed?--I*LL Plow His Yard! until He gets His FINISHED! & I LAUGH--Inside!--as Hes Like a KID! I Wanna Plow my Own YARD!--Normal Reacion in my Book!--as Were ALL KIDS! at HEART! BARE Ground Here! after Yesterdays RAIN!--& that Will Saves some Lives? & YEH! I can Live w/THAT!--GOD BLESS & MERRY XMAS! ALL!--Ole JIM--