1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Trip Springs and Spring Compressor

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by whitelite, Nov 20, 2009.

1. whitelite

whitelite Member

Hi,
    Need a source for my 7' MM Fisher Plow for Trip Springs and Spring Compressor. Can anyone help me out or do I have to buy the complete assembly?:confused:

Also does anyone know if they make extra heavy duty springs?:confused: I'll need 3 on this plow.

Thanks!!!:)

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

The trip spring, comes as a assemble, which is the spring and the bracket inside the spring that bolts to the Edge.

Springs are $20ish each

Tool is a must, you can pick them up for $25ish.

I got part numbers some where if you needed them.

Hope this helps

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

How many coils on your springs? I have four brand new that don't work on my MM1 8' but may work on yours. I'll count the coils...

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

They have 17 coils.

5. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

IF replacing springs, I would buy a complete pre-assembled assembly. They are very cheap anyhow.

Then to install them, a block of wood and a prybar gets them bolted in place easily.

I also put large cotter pins through the top holes, so if they snap the bolt at the bottom, you don't lose the spring. This also helps installing them, as if somethign slips. the spring doesn't fall out of place.

You may need the spring tool if you don't purchase the pre-assembled spring assembly, not sure.

6. whitelite

whitelite Member

Thanks for the replies!:)
    I found the springs for about $12-$14 at different places, but if I need to compress them then I'll need some sort of tool, which I've yet to find.

Purchasing them fully assembled is anywhere from $36-$55 each. All I really need is the springs because the shaft and bolts aren't worn out. Oh well, I really wanted upgrade springs but I guess they doen't make them.

ussmileyflag

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

heard of some guys using comealong and pulling trip edge back to install them.

8. whitelite

whitelite Member

Wow, I guess that would work, but kind of scary.

9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

yea I dont like the sounds of that LOL