1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher trip spring installation no compressor or special tools!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by klc lawn, Dec 28, 2014.

1. klc lawn

klc lawn Junior Member

After pondering for a couple weeks and searching the net on the best way to re-install my trip springs on my Fisher plow after I removed and repainted the plow I came up with this easy method that requires no special tools. I can't believe I couldn't find anyone else that had this idea. I hope it helps someone out. I made a video on youtube. Please if you like it or if it is helpful like the video or subscribe, I plan on move tips and tricks in the future of all types.

:mechanic:

http://youtu.be/yLNv9zVgl78

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Nicely made and very simple.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You do realize the tool is like $30 and does not tear the paint off the spring? Plus where is the top plate that should be on the spring? But guess if you are in a pinch or have no money it is a good trick to know.

4. klc lawn

klc lawn Junior Member

I couldn't find the correct tool online and my closest fisher dealer is well over an hour away.... I will take my method any day.... there are no top plates on the older MM1 plows. And the chipped paint is an easy touch up.

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice trick to know in a pinch. Next time try a strap wrench to keep from scratching so much paint off. Don't know if it would work that was just my .02

6. LON

LON Senior Member

The only thing that would concern me would be the pipewrench marks on the spring. I know if you use a pipewrench on a Mopar torsion bar and leave marks it'll split the bar right down the line.

7. joshnnh

joshnnh Junior Member
    from nashua

i thought it was pretty good thinking. i'll keep this in mind. my buddy put mine in by hand last year.