1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Trip Spring Assembly

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by samjr, Oct 7, 2011.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Thats gonna fit the older style straight blades,your looking for a 21452 spring which will be different yet from the newer style straight blades which use a 26464

3. Super Mech

Super Mech Member

I got these from PPW for my 8' Fisher HD. They are cheap as dirt price wise. The only thing I found was that the matal bar going thru the spring was a a little shorter and the holes that are used to hold the spring cap down are not in the right place. These are made a a company called S.A.M. which is owned by Buyers products. After a number of calls to Buyers they know there is a problem with the bar. So I just used the new spring and cleaned up and painted the old spring caps and bars. I put a stainless steel 5/16 bolt and nut where the original cap retaining rivet was and used the new shoulder bolt that it came with to bolt it to the trip edge, works perfectly. PPW has some pre- civil war prices on some of thier stuff.

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

There is no problem with the springs they sold,they fit a totally different era plow blade just as i said,the springs they sell fit the pre- MM style plows and they ARE shorter.