1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Trip Edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bob Henry, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Bob Henry

Bob Henry Junior Member

I purchased an older 9' Fisher plow, I believe it is the old L series plow with the quadrant attached to the plow. I made a quick attach plate to mount it on my skid steer, because this plow looks like it will hold up better than the Western and Meyer plows we have run on our skid steers. The problem I have is the cutting edge does not touch the ground unless you tilt the plow way forward and get the A frame pointing toward the ground. If you run this plow level with the ground the bottoms of the springs rub the ground. I am thinking something is out of adjustment but I never had a Fisher before, do I need to weld some kind of a spacer on the blade to kick the trip edge back?
  2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Pictures would help but it sounds like your base angle is really worn by the sounds of it.
  3. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

bolt on a new cutting edge