1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher touching up

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ScubaSteve728, Nov 25, 2012.

1. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

Hello i need to touch up my plow before the season. so far i have scraped all the flakey stuff and hit the rust with a wire wheel on my drill pretty good. i bought some primer that is meant for rust. my question is do i need to sand the metal before i prime? i am going to be using fisher yellow spray paint. i also did the same to the back around some ribs and on the top behind the mold board

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

You sand it down before you paint, it really should be sandblasted

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

best thing to do is wire wheel and paint the whole thing and dont use fisher paint its like water i use tractor supply paint it works great and half as much

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Or Rustoleum Sunburst Yellow works good too.

5. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

i primed it and painted the rusty spots today and i realized the color was off and the paint was very thin and very water like. i would have just used the other stuff like the rustoleum or the tractor paint but i had already purchased the fisher paint and man was it horrible looking. hopefully it will get me through the season

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

that will be fine then u can do it over in the spring. well i say that every yr and it never happens