1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher tech training.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NAHA, Jan 16, 2013.

1. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

Iam looking for info on how to take the fisher fast progam. Would love to get some real training on working on these plowd

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I think it's dealer invite only. I've always wanted to attend myself.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

While FAST school is dealer only,it is also up to the dealer who he sends,meaning if you have a pretty strong relationship with your dealer you may get him to throw your name on the form,i've heard of dealers doing this for some of their "bigger" commercial customers.Seating is limited at these schools so his guys are always going first.
    On a similar note,once again if you know the dealer fairly well,ask if you could hang out during a storm,90% of my repairs are done with the customer standing right there as i explain whats going on,can't really beat that either.

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Read the mechanics manual and pull apart a plow and pump and then put it back together. Best way to learn is do it yourself. I have talked to some techs and they are helpless sometimes.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

:nod: That is sooo true, I've had conversations with a few "certified techs" myself, that hadn't a clue. One has to wonder if they weren't out toking it up with the quality control line instead of actually attending the classes. lol :laughing: . That's just bad, I should apologize....nahhhh.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  6. sandman88

sandman88 Junior Member
    from MA

ive been to the boss tech training when i worked for a boss dealer it realy wasnt that great the book they gave you was way move then what they trained you on lol the cool part was they had mini plows that worked just like the real thing ech one had a diffrent problem and you had to go and figure it out. i wouldnt mind going to a fisher one seeing i have fisher plows lol