1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher tail gate spreader

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BossPlowGuy04, Nov 17, 2008.

1. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

hey guys i have an older fisher tail gate spreader that as been rebuilt in the last year and i just bought it this year. Last night i took it out for the first time and the stupid thing kept jaming up, it would be full of salt but not spreading any so i would have to go out take the top off and push more down by the auger and it work good until it drilled a hold in the salt out and stop again. how do i fix this problem??
    thanks
    alex
    ps. don't mind the bad spelling

2. BossPlowGuy04

from novi Mi

ok someone has to know what i need to do to fix this, any one?

3. AHammen

AHammen Member

Get a vibrator. It mounts on the side of the hopper and when you turn it on (it has its own power supply and switch) it vibrates the hopper to keep the material from doing what you are describing.

4. BossPlowGuy04

from novi Mi

thanks i found a used one on craigslist and put it on last night we will see hoow it works i will let you guys know.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The use of dry materil helps with the jamming too.