1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Stainless Steel Salter

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by lawnboy30, Jan 24, 2014.

1. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

I am thinking of selling one of our salt spreaders. It is an 8 foot Fisher Stainless Steel salt spreader, in cab controls. Has new drag chain and sprockets (bearings). Always cleaned after every storm and treated on all chains. We purchased several new Snow Ex salt spreaders with bigger capacity and currently run 5 salters every storm. So we are thinking of selling this one. It needs a new gas engine. (I have a local vendor that sells exact replacement motors so changing them is easy) or like we were initially thinking of doing was to convert it over to electric motor. It holds 3 yards when mounded. Always started right up and worked even in these very cold conditions. We are entertaining offers around $2,500 if we sell it. Please make an offer- no low-ballers please, really don't need to sell it, but would be nice to let it go to another nice home for the right price.

2. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Fisher Salter

Pictures will be posted tomorrow. But you can look up Fisher stainless steel 8 foot salt spreader and it will look like it. Stainless steel doesn't rust. Pretty much like new.

3. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

What a deal!!

4. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Salt Spreader

OK. we are going to sell it to make room. Asking $2,500 or best offer. PM me and I can send pictures. It is a great machine and has treated us very well.
    Is being sold as is- it needs a new engine. Make your best offer and make it yours. Have a great day.

5. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

1200 bucks

6. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Fisher Salter

Send offers via PM. I can't accept $1,200 Worth a lot more than that and I am not in any hurry to sell it. Just making some room. Honestly don't think you can buy any salt spreader for $1,200 but thanks for the offer.

7. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Fisher Salt Spreader

Bump...Make a reasonable offer and it give it a new home.

8. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Pics will help

9. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Fisher Salt Spreader

Bump.

Really great salt spreader. Needs new home. Make a solid offer and give it a new home.

10. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

final offer $1201

11. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

PICS? Or is it gone?

12. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

I think paying 1200 for something you cant see run is alot.Good luck trying to sell it

13. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Salter

Salter is now $2,000 or best offer.

14. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

Posting pics would help, I have asked for them in PM also but never seen any so far.

email also oldfieldcreek@gmail.com