1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher stacking stop

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by GuhrSnowRemoval, Jan 15, 2014.

1. GuhrSnowRemoval

GuhrSnowRemoval Junior Member

Ive got a new to me fisher 7.5 extreme v and its been working great this winter up until the other night. Long story short the dealer said a module took a dump because the plow doesn't have stacking stops on it and the chain was hitting the hydraulic unit. The original owner must have removed them. Been looking around for the long ones and the cheapest I could find are like $95. Anybody know a cheaper place to get them? Thanks

2. POM Ticks

POM Ticks Junior Member
    from Maine

I had the same issue with my plow and smashed my module inside the pump housing. I had the stops but they were the short ones. Now have the long ones. They make medium also. The size will depend on your truck height and which size make it so nothing comes close to the pump/electrical enclosure. Mine happened in the middle of a store after fisher business hours so one truck down. Had to replace the module. Poor design.

3. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

Loose bolts for blade attack angle adjustment will also come loose and cause the same hit the module issue, even if you have the stacking stops. We have found loose bolts to be the primary cause, CHECK THE BOLTS! You can install a 1/4'' piece of steel bolted inside the channel so that even if these bolts do loosen up, which they will, the steel plate will act as a stop to keep blade from reaching the point of hitting module.

Fisher makes a 7'6'' v ?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  4. GuhrSnowRemoval

Yea mine happened in the middle of a storm too and I will check the bolts too as I adjusted those a couple weeks ago. They do make a 7' 6", just not very popular. POM ticks, do you recall how much the long ones were?

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have a set of the long ones in my shop never used. I have the short ones on my v plow. $50 plus shipping. Let me know

6. GuhrSnowRemoval

Burkartsplow i sent u a PM

7. POM Ticks

POM Ticks Junior Member
    from Maine

The long stops that I got were free. My fisher dealer throws them away. Lots of people don't want them so they sit in their shop so he gave me a set free. If you have some steel stock and a welder you can make some to the exact size you want.

8. iowadmaxss

iowadmaxss Junior Member

i have a set too as well that i would sell

9. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I have some short stops. I made my own stops that are shorter than the short stops, but still prevent damage. Can't imagine using the long stops as the plow doesn't get very high.

10. POM Ticks

POM Ticks Junior Member
    from Maine

I used the long stops because I have a f-350 with a 6.0 and have a leveling kit installed. The truck sits pretty high so it works. But my 2012 f-350 dually has the mediums and they are almost to tall.

11. RoseMan806

RoseMan806 Member

Not to highjack the thread but I have an older MM1 and I believe my stops are welded in place. I assume people have cut them to allow the plow to raise higher?

12. RoseMan806

RoseMan806 Member

Update, took a risk and cut off my stops. (Style that is welded on) What a huge difference! I'm able to lift the plow much higher clearing curbs when pushing back piles and stacking piles much higher. Also, my back drag blade does not hit the street at all when traveling. When the plow is lifted it does not contact anything other than where the stops used to be attached. Well worth it. :mechanic:

13. bcramblit

bcramblit Member

Fisher really needs to think about some adjustable stops. I have two different sizes. I use a 8'' cutting edge and have to swap them when the edges get half worn and the frame gets adjusted. I welded flat plate to the bottom of each set and bolted rubber belting to the bottom. The plow tops out on these so the plow is one with the truck going down the road. No bounce from the plow when hitting bumps. My plow weighs in around 1150lbs and before I did this the plow would fling up and crash down. When it did you could feel the ass end getting real light. Not a good feeling going down the interstate. In my honest opinion the problem with chevy frames cracking are not from plowing but from transporting in a reckless manner. The chevy timbrens which are a must have, create a fulcrum right where they are notorious for cracking. FYI every time I adjust the plow frame I torque the bolts with a 4' cheater and all the muscle I've got. A 1/2'' impact is not enough.

IMAG0513.jpg

IMAG0514.jpg

IMAG0515.jpg